This website that you are visiting, www.eosfitness.com (the “Website”), is owned by EōS Fitness (the “Company”).
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Company at the email address or postal address specified on Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
EOS collects various categories of your personal information. Our primary goals in collecting this information is to provide you with the product and services made available through our web site, including, but not limited, our services, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one. Specifically, EOS collects these categories of information for the following purposes:
- Demographics. EOS collects your name, address, phone number, email address, and billing information for the purpose of providing use of the gym facilities. In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our services;
- Body Measurements: Your height, weight, and body fat for purposes of providing personal training services;
- Fingerprints. Fingerprints are scanned and converted to a binary key for verification of identity at various facilities for validating usage of some gym services such as personal training. The actual fingerprint is not saved. The binary key created from the fingerprint scan cannot be reconverted to the original fingerprint image.
- Gym Usage. We track your gym usage to track max capacity, market research for providing future services, and other internal marketing purposes.
- Log and Geolocation Data:When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website as Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, mobile device location, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, browser location, the websites you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service.
- Other Technologies:Other technologies used include clear GIFs and IP address logging. Clear GIFs also known as web bugs, beacons or tags, are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message. Clear GIFs are invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page, document or e-mail message. We do not use clear GIFs to collect personal information about you. However, we may use clear GIFs to capture statistical usage information for our web pages, features or other elements on a web page. We may correlate this information to a user to personalize user experience and for statistical analysis of user experiences on our web pages.
Use of Contact Information: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. If you wish to request complete removal of all your personally identifying information, please submit a request by calling 888-827-9262 or email email@example.com.
Service Providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Law Enforcement: We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Company or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Authorized Agent: In order to designate an authorized agent, you must submit a notarized, power of attorney, along with verification of your own identity, to 1921 Palomar Oaks Way, Suite 205, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Your authorized agent will need to provide their own sufficient identifying information so that we may verify their identity when they exercise rights on your behalf.
Consumer Privacy Rights: Subject to verification of your personal identity or verification of the identity of your authorized agent, it may be requested what personal information or categories of personal information we have collected of you, our sources for collection of your personal information, how we use that information, and what third parties we have shared that information with. We do not sell your information to third parties. We do not discriminate against users who exercise their rights to privacy.
In order to make requests for what personal information we have provided a toll free telephone number for you to call. You may make requests for the information up to twice in any 12 month period. Once your request is verified we will provide a response to your request. To request removal of all personal information, please call 877-827-9262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures: The purpose of this Operating Procedure (OP) is to regulate, and establish procedures regarding the use of video surveillance (“video surveillance systems” or “VSS”) for purposes of safety and security. Management shall periodically assess where VSS are or should be installed for the purpose of protecting EōS employees and members. Management will maintain a master inventory of all video surveillance cameras installed on EōSpremises.
Equipment and Network Maintenance: Troubleshooting, routine maintenance and minor repairs of VSS equipment and software will be handled by management.
Placement of Video Surveillance Systems: All VSS cameras will be located so that personal privacy is maximized. Use of VSS in locker rooms, shower areas, or other areas where there would be a reasonable expectation of privacy will be avoided with respect to all surveillance within the scope of this OP. Kids Clubs may be monitored at all times by a video surveillance system and may also be broadcast live on televisions accessible to third parties on television displays within the club and on treadmills so parents can view their children if they choose to. There shall be no reasonable expectation of privacy in Kids Clubs.
Required Notice of Video Surveillance: While there is no legal requirement to do so, signs shall be posted at each club entrance notifying individuals that they are under surveillance. The following language shall be used:
“This area is monitored at all times by a video surveillance system. For questions, please contact EōS management at email@example.com.” Signs shall be posted at the entrance to each Kids Club with the following language: “This area is monitored at all times by a video surveillance system and may be broadcast live on televisions accessible by third parties. For questions, please contact EōS management at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Security and Retention of Video Surveillance System Recordings: Surveillance records for VSS shall be stored for a period of not less than sixty (60) days, and will be erased or written over as space is needed, unless retained as directed by EōS management. VSS records should be retained beyond sixty (60) days any time there is an incident of any nature or severity that is depicted. Further, VSS records that contain personal information used to make a decision directly affecting an individual shall be maintained. Requests for retention beyond the sixty (60) day period should be documented to ensure that preservation occurs in an efficient and effective manner and that requests are properly noted. All VSS records that have been retained pending the final outcome of an investigation shall be numbered, dated, and securely retained in a location to be determined by EōS management. Preserved materials shall be destroyed in a secure manner as soon as they are no longer needed for purpose for which they were preserved, and their destruction shall be documented.
Monitoring and Accessing the Recordings of Video Surveillance Systems: This OP does not imply or guarantee that VSS will be monitored in real-time. All monitoring, recording and viewing of recorded activities shall be conducted only at the express direction of EōS management.
Release of Video Surveillance System Recordings: All requests or demands for access to recorded images captured by an EōS VSS, including requests by law enforcement agencies or others, must be conveyed immediately to EōS management.
EōS Fitness is committed to providing a safe and supportive fitness environment for all members and employees and to ensuring that every member shall have equal access to the facility and all activities. Additionally, our policy requires that all personnel promote acceptance and respect among members and employees. This policy reflects the reality that there may be transgender and gender nonconforming members and employees. While we will continue to maintain separate facilities for male and female members, transgender members and employees are permitted to use the facilities that align with the gender they identify with. There is no medical or mental health diagnosis or treatment threshold that a member or employee must meet in order to have their gender identity recognized and respected. If another member or employee is making you feel uncomfortable, please share the specifics of the encounter club management so that the incident may be investigated in a timely manner.
EōS Fitness does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability or military status. It is our policy to provide equal employment and fitness opportunities to all persons.
EōS FITNESS EXTERNAL SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
EōS Fitness encourages social engagement. We welcome all questions, feedback, and comments from our members and community. In order to better protect our online community EōS Fitness reserves the right to take down posts that violate our social media guidelines including:
Privacy: Any posts containing personal or identifiable information. Any image of other members, guests or staff without express permissions. For inquiries about staff or other members, please contact us directly.
Respect: Posts containing disrespectful, sexual, or abusive language will be removed. EōS Fitness may block any users who break these guidelines.
Content: EōS Fitness advocates for the use of social media as a platform to network, exchange ideas, and discover the EōS Fitness brand. Irrelevant messages, spam, commercial and/or political messages will be deleted.
Copyright: Do not share content that violates copyright or intellectual property of others on our social media without proper consent and/or acknowledgment.
We appreciate your engagement and continued support for EōS Fitness.